[R] How to break an axis?

Mulholland, Tom Tom.Mulholland at dpi.wa.gov.au
Tue May 24 04:28:49 CEST 2005

I think you may wish to look at the plotrix package, assumming that you have taken care of the issues involved in breaking an axis and that your plots don't result in misleading information.

I think to use the axis break you would have to calculate your own labels and rescale the data, as it looks as if the break is just the cosmetics component.

This is also the topic of many posts on the list so you might want to search the list for "break" and "axis" to see other responses to this issue.

Tom