[R] Can simulation involving random number generation be segm ented?

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Wed May 25 18:46:13 CEST 2005

I don't see why you need to shut R down between runs. Can you just replace
each time you generate a new 200 samples? You might also find "gc()" helpful
if you generate a lot of intermediate objects in a single run. Delete
objects you no longer need (unless you're going to replace them and can
afford to keep them around), then an explicit request gc() might help keep
you under the wire.

Reid Huntsinger