[R] R commandline editor question

Ajay Narottam Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Fri May 27 13:11:31 CEST 2005

I am using R 2.1 on Apple OS X.

When I get the ">" prompt, I find it works well with emacs commandline
editing. Keys like M-f C-k etc. work fine.

The one thing that I really yearn for, which is missing, is bracket
matching When I am doing something which ends in )))) it is really
useful to have emacs or vi-style bracket matching, so as to be able
to visually keep track of whether I have the correct matching
brackets, whether ( or { or [.

I'm sure this is possible. I will be most grateful if someone will
show the way :-) Thanks,

--
Ajay Shah                                                   Consultant
ajayshah at mayin.org                      Department of Economic Affairs