[R] R commandline editor question

Ajay Narottam Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Fri May 27 13:47:19 CEST 2005

> well ESS has such a facility.
>
> However, I think Mathematica has a super scheme: unbalanced brackets
> show up
> in red, making them obvious.
>
> This is particularly good for spotting wrongly interleaved brackets, as
> in
>
> ([  blah di blah  )]
>
> <note bracket closure is out of order>
>
> in which case both opening braces are highlighted in red: and the
> system won't
> accept a newline until the closures are all correctly matched.
>
> Would anyone else find such a thing useful?
>
> Could the ESS team make something like this happen?

ess is great, but I was asking about the R commandline. I tend to
write a lot of stuff on the fly at the R commandline.

Yes, colours are a great way to deal with this, and this feature
should ideally be in ESS.

--
Ajay Shah                                                   Consultant
ajayshah at mayin.org                      Department of Economic Affairs