[R] Incompatibility with VGAM

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon May 30 08:24:08 CEST 2005

Thomas Yee wrote:
> Hello,
>

> It seems that if glm used a namespace then the conflict would be avoided?

No. I already descibed why *not*, and I descibed how to work with stats'
family functions even if VGAM has been loaded. Please reread my former
message and tell me what was unclear. You might also want to read the R
News article on Namespaces by Luke Tierney.
Moreover, glm is in stats which *has* got a namespace.

Uwe Ligges