[R] R GUI for Linux?

White, Charles E WRAIR-Wash DC charles.edwin.white at us.army.mil
Tue May 31 05:00:39 CEST 2005

John:

Thank you for your interest. After more investigation I see that my problem is with linking tcltk to R. tcl 8.4.7-2 and tk 8.4.7-2 are tuned to fc3 (Fedora Core 3) and part of the standard installation. However, required file locations are different than what is expected by R. I set the locations for tclConfig.sh and tkConfig.sh using ./configure but R tells me something to the effect that Tcl and Tk major or minor versions disagree. Your help or the help of others on the R-List would be appreciated. FYI, I am also including the locations of important files and directories.

tclConfig.sh: /usr/lib
tkConfig.sh:  /usr/lib
tcl library:  /usr/lib/tcl8.4 (symbolically linked from /usr/share/tcl8.4)
tk library:   /usr/lib/tk8.4 (separate copy in /usr/share/tk8.4)
tcl.h:        I can't find it with full drive search
tk.h:         I can't find it with full drive search

Thanks for your time.

Chuck