[R] How to access to Data within a cluster

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 31 13:42:21 CEST 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 6:04 AM, Amir Safari wrote:

> Dear All ,
> For more process on data resulting clustering, one needs to access
> data within any cluster. How it is possible in CLARA?
> $clustering :gives us clustering vector as mixed, so it isn't as
> separate

Amir,

I assume that you want to know what observations belong to what
cluster?  Then I think the "clustering" element of the returned object
holds that information.  If you want the information in a different
form, you will have to do a bit more work.  As an example, to find all
the observations in the first cluster, you could do simply:

first.clust <- which(my.clara.object$clustering==1)

Does that give you the type of information you want?

Sean