[R] Increasing Console "Paste Buffer"

Manuel Morales Manuel.A.Morales at williams.edu
Tue May 31 22:47:06 CEST 2005

Hello list.

I'm using R from the gnome-terminal in Fedora. My preference is to write
programs in VIM, and then source the file from R, or copy and paste the
lines into the console. I'm wondering if there is a way to increase the
"paste buffer" as an alternative to "sourcing" large analyses. As was
mentioned in a recent thread on Linux GUI's, I find that if I paste in a
large amount of text, the lines end up getting cut off at some point. I
wonder if this is an R restriction, because it seems like I am able to
paste substantially more text in other console-based programs. Is there
any way to increase the amount of text that I can paste into an R
session?

Thanks!

Manuel