[R] R save very huge matrices in files

moritz.marienfeld@arcor.de moritz.marienfeld at arcor.de
Thu Nov 3 11:46:28 CET 2005

I have to work with really huge matrices (about 1000*1000 or more). And I want to save those matrices in some file on my computer.
I tried to do so by using the command

write.tabe(SMatrix,file="C:/Programme/rw1061/SMatrix.txt",sep=" ",quote=FALSE,row.names=FALSE,col.names=FALSE)

SMatrix is the matrix I want as a file.

Unfortunately this does not work. Error message:

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 32665 Kb
In addition: Warning message:
Reached total allocation of 255Mb: see help(memory.size)

Is there any command, which could help? What can I to in order to save SMatrix?

Moritz Marienfeld