[R] Help on model selection using AICc

german.lopez@ua.es german.lopez at ua.es
Thu Nov 3 17:02:49 CET 2005

Hi,
   I'm fitting poisson regression models to counts of birds in
1x1 km squares using several environmental variables as predictors.
I do this in a stepwise way, using the stepAIC function. However the
resulting models appear to be overparametrized, since too much
variables were included.
  I would like to know if there is the possibility of fitting models
by steps but using the AICc instead of AIC. Or at least I wonder if it
would be possible to save the AIC value and number of parameters of
models fitted in each step and to calculate AICc afterward.
   Help on this will be very much appreciated
   German Lopez