[R] newbie graphics question: Two density plots in same frame ?

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:15:46 CET 2005

To plot two Kernel densities you can use matplot:

x1<-density(rnorm(100))
x2<-density(rnorm(100))
matplot(cbind(x1$y,x2$y), type="l")

Or if both distributions are really very similar and you don't have to
adjust the axes you can simply use
plot(x1)
lines(x2, col="red")

Finally if you want to have two histograms in the same picture (I would not
recomend it tough since the distributions are similar so the overlapping
will make it very messy) you can use the argument "add" within hist

hist(rnorm(100), col="red")
hist(rnorm(100), col="blue", add=T)

I hope this helps

Francisco