[R] Problem with installing home-made package under Windoze.

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 6 10:08:51 CET 2005

I tried this with aaMI and had no problems, from either i386 or x86_64
Linux.  (I think we have only ever said that i386 Linux will work and I
suspect that a big-endian host would not.)

It look as if the transferred files have got corrupted. Marc's suggestion
is unlikely, as these errors are coming from C code and it does look as if
.readRDS is calling the right C code.

If you create a MD5 checksum file in Linux, it can be checked on Windows.
See the help on checkMD5sums in package tools.  I believe that if you put
a MD5 file in the package on Linux, it will automatically be checked when
installing on Windows: it certainly happens for installs from a
repository.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk