[R] Help with downloading clim.pact

Nelson, Gary (FWE) Gary.Nelson at state.ma.us
Mon Nov 7 16:39:15 CET 2005

I am wondering if anyone might know why the package clim.pact won't
install properly.  I have tried many URL sites and the same thing
happens. I get the error message below.  I also tried downloading the
ZIP from the CRAN site and extracting the file myself, but an error
message (something like, "not an archive file") appears.  I operate
through Windows.

Thanks.

Gary Nelson.

******************************
trying URL
'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/windows/contrib/2.2/clim.pact_2.2-0.zi
p'
Content type 'application/zip' length 5857349 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 2525Kb

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: downloaded length 2586064 != reported length 5857349
2: error 1 in extracting from zip file
3: cannot open compressed file 'clim.pact/DESCRIPTION'

> version
         _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    2
minor    2.0
year     2005
month    10
day      06
svn rev  35749
language R

*
Gary A. Nelson, Ph.D
Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries
30 Emerson Avenue
Gloucester, MA 01930
Phone: (978) 282-0308 x114
Fax: (617) 727-3337