[R] Can I run both R and Python through Emacs

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Wed Nov 9 11:49:00 CET 2005

Dear Sri,

probably this is the wrong list to address this question. For example,
there are the newsgroups comp.emacs.xemacs or comp.lang.python which are
probably more appropriate.
Nevertheless, I don't think you need to do anything to configure XEmacs
for Python.
Just open or create a file with .py as extension ("C-x C-f") and syntax
highlighting should be automatically available.
You can also start the python interpreter (given python is installed)
via "C-c !"
Marked parts of your buffer can be submitted to the evaluator via "C-c
|"
The whole buffer can be evaluated via "C-c C-c"

I don't know which XEmacs version you have running ("M-x version") on
which platform, I just tried it quickly here using XEmacs 21.4.13 on
i586-pc-win32 and XEmacs 21.4.17 on i686-pc-cygwin.

But this is problably not a direction the help-mailing list of R should
pursue.

Best,
Roland