[R] solve the quadratic equation ax^2+bx+c=0

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 10 02:33:06 CET 2005

The inquiry below and similar ones seem a lot like homework problems.
They are distinguished by showing no evidence of the OP's ever having
read a manual and also by being problems of apparently pedagogical
interest. The Fortran group (comp.lang.fortran) has a long tradition of
not giving more than the broadest of  hints in response to such
inquiries, and I would encourage r-help readers to consider doing the same.

MHP