[R] error in rowSums:'x' must be numeric

Illyes Eszter illyese at freemail.hu
Thu Nov 10 16:49:56 CET 2005

Dear All,

It's Eszter again from Hungary. I could not solve my problem form
yesterday, so I still have to ask your help.

I have a binary dataset of vegetation samples and species as a comma
separated file. I would like to calculate the Jaccard distance of the
dataset. I have the following error message:

Error in rowSums(x, prod(dn), p, na.rm) : 'x' must be numeric
In addition: Warning message:
results may be meaningless because input data have negative entries
 in: vegdist(t2, method = "jaccard", binary = FALSE, diag = FALSE,

Do you have any idea what can be the problem? I have only 0 and 1 in
the dataset.

Thank you very much! All the best:

Eszter