[R] no package 'Matrix' at the repositories

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Nov 11 14:38:20 CET 2005

	  Yesterday, I installed R2.2.0 for Windows [Version 2.2.0 (2005-10-06
r35749)].  Unfortunately, 'install.packages("Matrix")' produced the
following message:

Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available =
available,  :
          no package 'Matrix' at the repositories

	  I installed lme4, maps, mapproj, CircStats, scatterplot3d, gregmisc,
Hmisc without problems.  To confirm, 'library(lme4)' produced the
following error:

Error: package 'Matrix' required by 'lme4' could not be found

	  What do you suggest?
	  Spencer Graves
p.s.  I get the same result using several different (US) mirrors.
--
Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer

spencer.graves at pdf.com