[R] Portable R?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 08:53:49 CET 2005

See the rw-FAQ Q2.6 for a more precise answer than has yet appeared in
this thread.  A while back (for 2.1.0) some aspects of R were optimized
for usage from a slow (and possibly read-only) drive.

This does presume that the sites you visit will allow you to run programs
from an external drive, and in my experience that is often explicitly
disallowed.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk