[R] access standard errors from multinom model

Arne Jol arnejol at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 12:33:29 CET 2005

Dear R users,

I'm using a multinomial LOGIT model to analyse choice behaviour of consumers
(as part of my masters thesis research).

Using the R documentation and search on the R website I have a working
script now.
Parameters are estimated and I can access them via
coefficients(multinom.out).

In order to see if the parameters are significant I like to access the
standard errors  in the same way as the coefficiants but I cannot find out
how to do this. The standard errors are shown in summary(multinom.out) but
how can I access them to compute the z-score.

Apologies if I’m asking something really simple, just started with R one
week ago...

Regards,
Arne Jol