[R] Building S4-classes, documents

TEMPL Matthias Matthias.Templ at statistik.gv.at
Thu Nov 17 14:27:57 CET 2005

Hello,

I have some troubles when building S4-class packages.

All my (S4-)code works well (without building a package).

When building a package, in the R prompt after
checking S3 generic/method consistency
Following error occurs:
Fehler: Kann R Kode in Packet 'AddNoise' nicht laden (~Error: Can not
load R code from package 'AddNoise')
(and there are some warnings after the error)

So, I really need some reading material.

Does anybody know some good documents about building S4-class packages
beside "Writing R-Extensions", "S4 Classes in 15 pages, more or less"
and "S4 Classes and Methods" from Fritz Leisch, especially documents
which are detailed explains how to write .Rd files for S4-classes (with
examples)?
Probably, "Writing .Rd Files For S4 Classes, Generic Functions and
Methods" from Gordon Smyth, 2003" were interessing, but the link
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma/Rdocs.html is defenitly broken...

Thanks for some links or additional documentents,
Matthias