[R] Compiled name to object

Christoph Buser buser at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 18 11:21:59 CET 2005

Dear Claus

You can write

earlySessions[,"seconds"] instead of earlySessions$seconds and
with that syntax you can also use:

col1 <- "seconds"
earlySessions[,col1]

and you will get what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Christoph Buser

Christoph Buser <buser at stat.math.ethz.ch>
Seminar fuer Statistik, LEO C13
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	 SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-44-632-4673		fax: 632-1228
http://stat.ethz.ch/~buser/