[R] R-News 5/2, Bayesian Model Averaging, a detail

Pirjetä Antti Antti.Pirjeta at hse.fi
Fri Nov 18 12:54:08 CET 2005

The article on BMA (Bayesian model averaging) presents most valuable tools for model selection, but I find one detail confusing in Example 1. In page 4 of RNews 5/2, second paragraph says that the probability of Time variable not being in the model is 0.445. It seems to me that the figure should be 1 - 0.445 = 0.555, because p!=0.445 is the prob. of Time variable being in the model. The plot in Fig.2 is in line with this, since the height of scaled PDF seems to be 0.445 and the black spike points to 0.555. Have I understood this correctly?

Regards, Antti Pirjetä, Helsinki School of Economics. Mail to: pirjeta at hse.fi

Muutoksia sähköpostiosoitteissamme: @hkkk.fi-päätteiset osoitteet ovat muuttuneet muotoon @hse.fi. Opiskelijoiden (nyt @ky.hkkk.fi) osoitteen loppuosaksi muuttuu tammikuussa 2006 @student.hse.fi. Vanhoihin osoitteisiin lähetetyt viestit ohjautuvat muutoksen jälkeenkin perille.

Changes in our e-mail addresses:  @hkkk.fi has been replaced by @hse.fi. Students' e-mail address (@ky.hkkk.fi) will change in January 2006 to @student.hse.fi. E-mails sent to the old address will be redirected to the new one.