[R] Crop white border for PDF output

Claus Atzenbeck claus.atzenbeck at freenet.de
Sat Nov 19 21:11:15 CET 2005

Hi,

I produce a series of diagrams with R in order to include them in my
documents (LaTeX). However, there is a white border around the diagrams.
For some that do not have anything written at the very bottom, the white
border is relatively large. The rather big space between figure and
caption at the final document looks not nice.

It would be best not to have any white border. I played with
oma=c(0,0,0,0) and mar=c(0,0,0,0) for single and multiple figure
environments, however, without success.

Is there an easy way to get rid of the white border for PDF outputs?

Thanks for your input.
Claus