[R] SPSS and R – do they like each other?

zorritillito-secure@yahoo.de zorritillito-secure at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 21 13:14:25 CET 2005

Hi,

I wonder how well SPSS and R communicate, because I
need SPSS but would like to do some data manipulations
in R. However I am very afraid of never ending
import-export-complications – especially with all
those labels and extra information my SPSS files
contain. My data come from SPSS and have to be
exported to SPSS again (because I need to produce
special output tables, which would be hard to generate
in R).

Have you done that kind of stuff? Thanks for sharing
your experience!

Michael