[R] Help with xtable

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Mon Nov 21 20:35:46 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 18:16 +0100, Matthieu Cornec wrote:
> Hello,
>  How do you change the size of the caracters (tiny, small) using xtable?
> It works out for print.xtable when typing
> print.xtable(xtable(mydata),size="small")
> but I do not see any results when doing
> xtable(mydata,size="small")
>  Anyone could help ?
> Thanks
>  Matthieu

As documented, xtable() ignores any "..." arguments specified. Thus
passing 'size' as part of the call here has no effect, since 'size' is
not an enumerated argument for xtable().

print.xtable() has a 'size' argument enumerated, so it is respected
there.

BTW, print.xtable(..) is not required.

   print(xtable(mydata), size = "small")

will work and is preferred over calling the method directly.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz