[R] _simple_ introduction to bayesian methods?

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Tue Nov 22 18:13:29 CET 2005

I made it through the first chapter ("Background") of Bayesian Data
Analysis by Gelman, et al.  Conceptually, the Bayesian approach
appeals to me and my curiosity is piqued.  However, the next chapter
was much too terse. The math is daunting.  Where can I find a gentle
introduction?  Or which math book(s) do I need to read first?

On page 27, there is mention of introductory books including Bayesian
Methods by Jeff Gill (2002).  Just for fun, I took a look at this book
to see whether I could get through it.  Chapter 1 was inviting, but
again, the math got too sophisticated starting from chapter 2.

--
Make April 15 just another day, visit http://fairtax.org