[R] modifying code in contributed libraries - changes from versions 1.* to 2.*

Bjørn-Helge Mevik bhs2 at mevik.net
Wed Nov 23 10:32:43 CET 2005

Seth Falcon wrote:

> Actually, R source packages are also mangled.  While the source is
> readable, it is not in the form used to develop the package.

I haven't seen this behaviour.  At least for the simple package I'm
maintaining (pls), the only file in the source package that is changed
by R CMD build, is DESCRIPTION.  All .R and .Rd files are untouched
(even the modification dates are unchanged).  (This is on a Linux
system, I don't know how it works on MS/Mac.)

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik