[R] getting started, reading listing and saving data

Ronnie Babigumira r.babigumira at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 13:44:38 CET 2005

Thomas many thanks,  though str(myobject[ 5:9]) is not what I want, it
prompted me to try head(myobject [3:4]) and this gets me really close
to what I want, I get the first few observations of variables 3 and 4
in my data. What I would like to do however is to do the same thing
but with the variable names explicitly (so instead of 3:4 I use
something like varname3 and varname4)

Any ideas

Again, many thanks to all on the list who have helped (I promise I am
frantically trying to read up everything I have been given and bring
myself upto speed so I will not be consuming bandwidth with a lot of
read the manual sort of questions)