[R] Really supress output from Sweave

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:27:22 CET 2005

Hi,

I am using Sweave for chapters in my thesis that contain results.
In the beginning of each chapter, I use this to load libraries I need.

<<init,echo=FALSE,quiet=TRUE>>=
library(gplots)
library(Hmisc)
library(e1071)

@

What I want is, of course, to supress messages written by this code,
but what I get in the end is X-init.tex with this the contents below.
How do I really supress it?

/Fredrik

Type library(help='Hmisc'), ?Overview, or ?Hmisc.Overview')
to see overall documentation.

NOTE:Hmisc no longer redefines [.factor to drop unused levels when
subsetting.  To get the old behavior of Hmisc type dropUnusedLevels().

Attaching package: 'Hmisc'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:gdata :

         reorder.factor

        The following object(s) are masked from package:car :

         recode

        The following object(s) are masked from package:stats :

         ecdf
\end{Soutput}
\begin{Soutput}

Attaching package: 'e1071'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:Hmisc :

         impute

        The following object(s) are masked from package:gtools :

         permutations

        The following object(s) are masked from package:foreign :

         read.octave
\end{Soutput}
\begin{Soutput}
Attaching package: 'xtable'

        The following object(s) are masked _by_ .GlobalEnv :

         digits

        The following object(s) are masked from package:Hmisc :

         label label<-
\end{Soutput}
\end{Schunk}