[R] type III sums of squares in R

Mike Sears msears at unr.edu
Thu Nov 24 19:53:54 CET 2005

If you use the Anova function in the car package and specify contr.sum or
contr.SAS for the contrasts for your categorical factors, you will get the
same results as outputted by SAS. I've tried this with a variety of data sets
and it works.

--
Michael W. Sears, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Assistant Professor
Department of Zoology
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, IL 62901

phone: 775.784.8008
cell:  775.232.3520
web:    http://www.unr.edu/homepage/msears
        http://www.science.siu.edu/zoology/sears

"Natural selection is a mechanism for generating
 an exceedingly high degree of improbability."
                        -Sir Ronald Fisher (1890-1962)