[R] SPSS and R ? do they like each other?

ronggui 042045003 at fudan.edu.cn
Tue Nov 29 14:32:11 CET 2005

======= 2005-11-29 21:13:14 ÄúÔÚÀ´ÐÅÖÐÐ´µÀ£º=======

>Well, it ´s not the output table that I need to share
>with SPSS, but the working data file itself. It
>contains labeled variables and values and the labels
>are important to me. That seems to be a problem since
>?as you say ?at least read.spss ignores the labels.
>If I should ever have very very much time, I might try
>to write something that retains the labels.

In fact,when using read.spss to read the spss data file into R,the labels are retained (keeped) rather than be dropped.
for example WVS is the data file be readed in,it has label.table and variable.labels.
> names(attributes(WVS.CHINA))
[1] "label.table"     "variable.labels" "names"
and label.table is something like "value: in spss file and variable.labels are "label" in spss data file.
hope this helps.