[R] SciViews-R_0.8-9 Console problem

Henrik Parn henrik.parn at bio.ntnu.no
Wed Nov 30 11:37:15 CET 2005

Dear R users,

I successfully installed SciViews the other day. However, when I try to
run it now,  the command/script window does not appear. Strange. Well,
actually I see a tendency to a script window (in the lower part of the
sciview window where it is suppose to be) during start up, but when the
program is entirely open, the script window is gone.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall latest versions available of R,
Sciviews and Tinn-R several times, but it does not solve the problem. I
have tried both the 'Detailed installation of Sciviews-R' and 'Manually
installing additional R packages'.

Another 'new' problem I did not have before is the default size of the
Sciviews window - both the upper and lower part 'disappears' outside my
screen when starting up. And in the upper 'R-window' two prompts appear
with maybe 6-7 lines in between. However, as soon as I hit a key the
lower of these to prompt disappears. But still no script editor.

I suspect I have missed something fundamental...but what?

Any suggestions that can help me is appreciated!

Thanks!

Henrik

PS I have tried to mail to support at sciviews.org, but the mail just bounces.

I have WinXP, PIII, 512 RAM

R.Version()
$platform
[1] "i386-pc-mingw32"
$arch
[1] "i386"
$os
[1] "mingw32"
$system
[1] "i386, mingw32"
$status
[1] ""
$major
[1] "2"
$minor
[1] "2.0"
$year
[1] "2005"
$month
[1] "10"
$day
[1] "06"
$"svn rev"
[1] "35749"
$language
[1] "R"

<>capabilities("tcltk")
tcltk TRUE

SciViews version: SciViews-R_0.8-9Setup.exe