[R] about kidpack package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Nov 30 14:35:25 CET 2005

August Berg wrote:

>>library(kidpack)
>
> Error in library(kidpack) : 'kidpack' is not a valid package -- installed <
> 2.0.0?
>
> On 11/30/05, August Berg <berg.august at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>* I have both R and Biobase and also download kidpack_1.1.1.tar.gz.
>>After I unzip the gz file, I got the folders and files. Then i got
>>lost: how to install the package of kidpack(because there is no zipped
>>file after I uninstall kidpack_1.1.1.tar.gz)? If I choose install from
>>local zipped file, kidpack_1.1.1.tar.gz does not show on the selection
>>list.
>>Thanks a lot! *
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Looks like you are on Windows.
Apparently (from clicking into the R menu to install a Bioconductor
package: "Select repository...", then "Install package(s)..." ), for
this *Bioconductor* package, no Windows binary is available. Hence (if
possible at all) you have to install the package from sources. You need
the required development tools (see the Istallation and Administration
manual) and call R CMD INSTALL from the commandline.

For questions on the availability of BioC Windows binary packages please
contact the Bioconductor folks and use their mailing list (after looking
for documentation why kidpack is not available for Windows, of course).

Uwe Ligges