[R] heatmap

Jim Lemon bitwrit at ozemail.com.au
Tue Oct 4 20:45:46 CEST 2005

Andrea Zangrando wrote:
 > Hi,
 > i created a graph with heatmap(sma) function:
 >
 > heatmap(dataHeat(x))
 >
 > and I wish to change the gradation of colors from blue to red, how could
 > i do?
 > Using "heatmap(dataHeat(x), col=c(2,4))" i will use only 2 colors
 > without gradation.

The color.gradient function in the plotrix package returns a sequence of
interpolated colors between any two starting colors or incomplete
sequences of primaries.

I noticed that a function named ramp (in the base package?) was
mentioned, but I could not find it. If there is a function equivalent to
color.gradient, I would like to know about it, as I try to avoid
duplicating functions.

Jim