[R] boxplot statistics

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Oct 4 12:08:54 CEST 2005

Hi

Try to find some textbook about statistics. You can get many
explanations just by finding "boxplot" by e.g. Google and reading
whot you found.

And of course you can get some information from help pages you
mentioned.

coef: this determines how far the plot "whiskers" extend out from
          the box.  If 'coef' is positive, the whiskers extend to the
          most extreme data point which is no more than 'coef' times
          the length of the box away from the box. A value of zero
          causes the whiskers to extend to the data extremes (and no
          outliers be returned).

HTH
Petr