[R] problem with installing a package

Claire Lee jingli71 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 17:56:52 CEST 2005

I do have full access to that directory. I have the
bbHist package in c:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2011/library/bbHist
directory. Then under the library directory I did
check and build. Here's what I got:

$ R CMD check bbHist
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory
'c:/progra~1/r/rw2011/library/bbHist.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.1.1, 2005-06-20
* checking for file 'bbHist/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'bbHist' version '0.1-1'
* checking if this is a source package ... WARNING
Subdirectory 'bbHist/src' contains object files.

installing R.css in
c:/progra~1/r/rw2011/library/bbHist.Rcheck

---------- Making package bbHist ------------
  adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
  making DLL ...
  ... DLL made
  installing DLL
  installing R files
  installing man source files
  installing indices
  installing help
 >>> Building/Updating help pages for package 'bbHist'
     Formats: text html latex example chm
  bbHist                            text    html
latex   example chm
Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702

Compiling
c:\progra~1\r\rw2011\library\bbHist\chm\bbHist.chm

Compile time: 0 minutes, 0 seconds
2       Topics
2       Local links
0       Internet links
1       Graphic

Created
c:\progra~1\r\rw2011\library\bbHist\chm\bbHist.chm,
21,741 bytes
Compression increased file by 9,099 bytes.
  adding MD5 sums

* DONE (bbHist)

* checking package directory ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking R files for library.dynam ... OK
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
Foreign function calls without 'PACKAGE' argument:
.C("getBBData", ...)
See section 'System and foreign language interfaces'
of the 'Writing R
Extensions' manual.
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking for CRLF line endings in C/C++/Fortran
sources/headers ... WARNING
Found the following sources/headers with CRLF line
endings:
  src/bbapi.h
  src/bbunix.h
  src/rbb.c
Some Unix compilers require LF line endings.
* creating bbHist-Ex.R ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* creating bbHist-manual.tex ... OK
* checking bbHist-manual.tex ... ERROR
LaTeX errors when creating DVI version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.

$ R CMD build bbHist
* checking for file 'bbHist/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'bbHist':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* cleaning src
* removing junk files
* checking for LF line-endings in source files
    file 'bbHist/src/bbapi.h' had CRLF line endings
    file 'bbHist/src/bbunix.h' had CRLF line endings
    file 'bbHist/src/rbb.c' had CRLF line endings
* checking for empty directories
* building 'bbHist_0.1-1.tar.gz'

And then when I do R CMD INSTALL bbHist, I get

open(c:/progra~1/r/rw2011/library/bbHist/DESCRIPTION):
No such file or directory

The bbHist directory is removed and a 00LOCK directory
is created. What I don't understand is if INSTALL
removed the bbHist directory, why is it stilling
looking for the DESCRIPTION file in that diretory? I'm
really puzzled. If anyone has any idea, please let me
know. Thanks.