[R] R version 2.01.1, Crimson Editor and the "one" from nowhere

Olivier ETERRADOSSI olivier.eterradossi at ema.fr
Fri Oct 7 15:21:23 CEST 2005

Dear List....
sorry to bother you R-gurus with such an "unstatistical" question... but
I face a problem using Crimson Editor with R 2.01.1 that I never had
using R 2.00.1.
I already posted on the Crimson Editor forum but it seems to be VERY few
R-users there....

I successfully used R v2.00.1until now (under Windows XP professionnal,
version 2002, Service Pack 2, P4 processor CPU 1.8 GHz), together with
Crimson Editor.
This editor is "linked" to R using three files (TpR.exe, R.SPC and R.KEYS).
I recently upgraded to R 2.01.1.
I kept using my old TpR.exe, R.SPC and R.KEYS, because I did not find
any new files on the Crimson Editor "Release" web page.
When I now launch a script, instead of getting my old, well known prompt :
 > source("C:/Program Files/R/fooscript.txt")
I get :
 > 1source("C:/Program Files/R/fooscript.txt")
with a "1" in front of the line.... and of course R  greets me with a
"syntax error" message.
Then I have to remove the "1" by hand (pretty prehistoric, ...and does
not work if  my script is meant to launch other scripts during the
night....)
I cannot figure where this "1" comes from !!
Did some of you already encountered this problem, and how did you get
rid of it ?
Thanks a lot, have a nice week-end. Olivier

--
Olivier ETERRADOSSI
Maître-Assistant