[R] returning a modified fix()-ed dataframe

Adrian DUSA dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:32:13 CEST 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 21:22, Sundar Dorai-Raj wrote:
> [...snip...]
>
> My guess is you want to have your function fix my.data without having to
> reassign it. The answer to that question is most likely a road you do
> not want to travel. Otherwise, try searching the archives for "assign
> reference" for some clues.

Unfortunately, this is the road I was looking for :)
I'll have a look on the archives on that, thanks for the tip.

> > Also, I now have another related two questions:
> > 1. is it possible to "edit" the contents of a cell when using fix() ? In
> > order to change a letter one would have to change the whole string.
>
> Double-click on the field.
>
> > 2. is it possible to change the width of a column?
>
> Right-click on the column then select auto-size column. Or left-click on
> a column line and drag to desired width.

Oh, silly me. I knew this works under Windows, but I should have specified I
run R under Linux (Kubuntu 5.04, KDE). And I also knew that the Linux
interface is not as developed as the Windows one, so it's probably not
possible yet.

Thanks for everything,
Adrian

--