[R] Show Progress in loop

Rainer M. Krug RKrug at sun.ac.za
Mon Oct 10 10:56:54 CEST 2005

Hi

I have a loop which is doing time consuming calculations and I would
like to be able to have some feedback on where it is in it's
calculations. I tried to simply show the counter variable in the loop,
but id doesn't work as all display seems to be delayed until the loop is
completed. Is there any way of displaying the progress of a loop?

Rainer

The loop:

for (i in 2:Result$NoSims)
{
	ppp <- runifpoint(Result$NoPlants)
	K <- Kest(ppp)
	Result$LSim[i,] <- sqrt(K$iso / pi) - K$r
	CM <- (Result$LSim[i,] * Result$LSim[i,]) / abs(K$r[2] - K$r[1])
	Result$SigCM[i] <- sum(CM, na.rm=TRUE)
	i  #<========================Doesn't display in the loop
}

--
Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602