[R] plot - no main title and missing abscissa value

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Oct 10 14:07:36 CEST 2005

Iain Gallagher wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have defined a plot thus:
>
> par(mar=c(5,5,4,5),las=1, xpd=NA)
> plot(Day, Ym1Imp, ylim=c(0,100), type="b", bty="l", main="Ym1
> Expression", cex=1.3, xaxt="n", yaxt="n") #plot implant data
> axis(side=1, at=c(0,1,3,5,7,10,14,21), labels=c(0,1,3,5,7,10,14,21)) #
> label x axis
> mtext("Day", side =1, at=10, line=3, cex=1.2) # title x axis
>
> The problem with this graph is that the main title is missing and so is
> the digit "1" at the abscissa position 1 - although the other abscissa
> labels are all there as defined in the "axis" call.
>
> Can anyone shed anylight on why this is? I'm using R 2.1 on OS X.

We cannot reproduce your example due to lack of the data, hence cannot
help very much. I can only guess that the number at the x-axis is left
out for space reasons, but don't know what happens with your title.

Please read the posting guide which suggests to specify a minimal toy
example that shows your problem.

Uwe Ligges