[R] Logistic Regression using glm

Sung, Iyue Iyue.Sung at lm.mmc.com
Tue Oct 11 19:06:21 CEST 2005

You're fitting two different models.

The latter is saying: logit(p)=x+e, where e is a normal error, so that
logit(p) is normal.
"lm" fits a Linear Model, which uses normal error.

The former says that p is Bernoulli; and p~Bernoulli does not imply
logit(p) is normal.
A Generalized Linear Model has different options for specifying the
random component.

Agresti's "Categorical Data Analysis" lays out the details very well.