[R] Two factor (or more) non-parametric comparison of means

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Oct 11 19:46:52 CEST 2005

"Marc Schwartz (via MN)" <mschwartz at mn.rr.com> writes:

> I suspect that John may be looking for ?friedman.test, which I believe
> will allow for a two-way non-parametric test.

You could be right, but you could also be wrong... It depends quite a
bit on what is meant by a "two-factor  comparison of means". If he
literally means means (!), then a permutation test (permuting within
levels of the other factor) could be appropriate. It also makes a
difference whether there's a single replication or more per cell in
the cross-classification.