[R] an error in my using of nnet

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Oct 11 23:40:12 CEST 2005

Weiwei Shi wrote:

> Hi, there:
> I am trying nnet as followed:
>
>>mg.nnet<-nnet(x=trn3[,r.v[1:100]], y=trn3[,209], size=5, decay = 5e-4,
>
> maxit = 200)
> # weights: 511
> initial value 13822.108453
> iter 10 value 7408.169201
> iter 20 value 7362.201934
> iter 30 value 7361.669408
> iter 40 value 7361.294379
> iter 50 value 7361.045190
> final value 7361.038121
> converged
> Error in y - tmp : non-numeric argument to binary operator
>
> Please help!

Please ask appropriately (we pointed you to the posting guide dozens of
times now)!

- We do neither have trn3 nor r.v
- Which function nnet() are we talking about? Do you meant the one from
package nnet in the VR bundle?
- Which version of R and nnet are we talking about?
- What about trying to debug yourself in a first step? E.g. a
traceback() might give you (and us) some first hints what is going on.

Uwe Ligges