[R] linear mixed effect model with ordered logit/probit link?

byoung-inn bai bbi68 at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 12 21:08:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm working on the multiple categorical data (5-points scale) using linear
mixed effect model and wondering if anyone knows about or works on the
linear mixed effect model with ordered logit or probit link.
I found that the "lmer" function in R is very flexible and supports
various models, but not ordered logit/probit models. I may conduct my
analysis by turning my DVs into nested dichotonomies, but just wonder if
there is anyway that I can do this without transforming my DVs. Any help
or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Byoung-Inn

Byoung-Inn Bai
Ph.D. Candidate