[R] bug checking

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 06:30:01 CEST 2005

Yes, its a bug.  The calls to axis.times in plot.times use the same
col variable as the points do.  This shows it more compactly:

library(chron)
x <- seq.dates(from="09/30/2005", len = 10)
plot(x, 1:10, col = "red")

A workaround would be to plot the X axis separately:

plot(x, 1:10, col = "red", xaxt = "n")
axis.times(1, x)

or use plot.Date:

library(zoo)  # needed for as.Date.numeric
plot(as.Date(as.numeric(x)), 1:length(x), col = "red")