[R] shell scripts in R

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Oct 14 02:09:56 CEST 2005

First I have to correct myself; there probably is an ls object in your
workspace, but it's a function.

Second I have to suggest you should try to run the example code in the
help file.  Surely this would clarify that the string has to be
quoted?

t1 <- system("who", TRUE)

I'm not so sure that it's a question of saving bytes as a question of
assuming that people will try reasonable avenues.

Cheers

Andrew