[R] Setting working directory interactively within a function

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Oct 14 19:24:13 CEST 2005

On 10/14/2005 1:08 PM, Berton Gunter wrote:
> ?setwd
> e.g. setwd(file.choose())
>
> BTW, you could have found this on your own via help.search('working
> directory') . Base R has quite good docs -- you should try them first.
>
> -- Bert Gunter

That won't work in Windows, where the dialogs don't consider directories
to be files so won't return them.

As far as I know no platform lets you setwd() to a file (even though
this might make sense:  setwd("foo") could mean change to foo if it's a
directory, to the directory it's in if it's a file).

Duncan Murdoch