[R] write R extenesion issue

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Oct 15 19:03:53 CEST 2005

jiesheng zhang wrote:
> I found my attachment was discarded.
> My R package structure lis listed here
> -----------------------------
> btRRTest
> 	DESCRIPTION
> 		Package: btRRTest
> 		Version: 0.0.1
> 		Date: 2005-10-15
> 		Title: a test remote R exeuction
> 		Author: jiesheng at bioteam.net
> 		Maintainer: jason zhang<jiesheng at bioteam.net>
> 		Depends: R (>= 1.8.0)
> 		License: GPL version 2
> 		Built: R 2.1.1; i686-pc-linux-gnu; 2005-09-20 00:07:19; unix
> 		Packaged: Sat Oct 15 23:42:11 2005; root

Is this from your source directory?  You shouldn't have the Built and
Packaged lines in your source.

If this is from the directory where it was installed, never mind, unless
those two directories are the same:  in which case the advice is "don't
do that".  Keep your installed copies separate from the source.

The error message you saw

> Error in library("btRRTest") : 'btRRTest' is not a valid package --
> installed < 2.0.0?

indicates that the "Meta/package.rds" file is missing from your
installed package subdirectory, but it's hard to guess why.

Duncan Murdoch