[R] repeated measures with random effects

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Oct 16 20:59:39 CEST 2005

	  Have you tried 'RSiteSearch("repeated measures with random
effects")'?  I just got 74 hits, some of which might interest you.

	  Also, have you reviewed Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects
Models in S and S-Plus (Springer)?  This book, the lme function in
library(nlme) and the more recent lmer and lme4 / Matrix packages, are
to my knowledge the state of the art in this area.

	  In addition, have you read the posting guide
(www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html)?  People who follow that guide, I
believe, tend to get quicker, more useful replies.  In particular, I've
looked at your post several times since it appeared and each time
decided not to reply, because I didn't have the time I thought it would
take to offer a useful reply.  If you had included more complete example
that I could have copied into R and tried -- possibly with alternatives
-- in less than, say, 40 seconds, I might have more useful comments for
you and might have replied sooner.

	  spencer graves

juli g. pausas wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'm interested in analysing a reapeated measure desing where plant
> height (H) was measured 3 times (Time). The experimental design
> include 2 fixed factor (say A and B) in which A is nested in B, and a
> random factor (C, the plot), using the aov().
>
> So my first idea would be something like:
>
> aov(H ~ B * A %in% B * Time + Error(id) )
>
> where id is the factor coded for the repeated subjects.
> But my question is how to include the random factor C ?
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
>
> Juli
>

> --
> Juli G. Pausas