[R] plot.augPred sorted and labelled according second factor

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Oct 10 03:09:31 CEST 2005

Hi, Christoph:

	  Have you received a satisfactory reply to this?  If no, you might
wish to consider the following;  with a few more hours, I could probably
produce what you seem to be asking.  If you try something further,
please ping the authors and maintainers for augPred and xyplot (whom I
have cc'ed on this).

	  From methods(class="augPred"), I learned that there was a nonvisible
function "plot.augPred".  From getAnywhere("plot.augPred"), I could see
the definition of that function.  It basically consisted of a call the
"xyplot", which I tried to modify to produce what you seemed to be
requesting.

	  Your request seems reasonably clear and concise, and it should have
(I think) a relatively simple solution, but I can't find it at the moment.

	  Good Luck,
	  spencer graves

Christoph Lehmann wrote:

> Hi
>
> using this code example:
>
> library(nlme)
> fm1 <- lme(Orthodont, random = ~1)
> plot(augPred(fm1))
>
> is there any way to have the plots in each cell labelled and ordered
> according to Orthodont$Sex? I.e. in addition to the bar with the label for
> Orthodont$Subject there is another bar labelling the Sex of the subject?
>
> thanks a lot
>
> christoph
>
> --

Spencer Graves, PhD